Translate

domenica 2 settembre 2012

On The Lighter Side - Zucchini-Pineapple Gluten-Free Bread

Here in Eindhoven summer is nearly over, and a sweet-and still warm-fall is on its way. So I thought: Why not bake something that smells and tastes like my favourite season? I opened my private, and somewhat magic, drawer, and took out raisins, nuts, brown sugar, stirred them with vegetables and fruits, and baked this delicious bread, handy for breakfast as well as for healthy snacks!
Zucchini-Pineapple Gluten-Free Bread
Ingredients: 190g (1-1/2 cups) zucchini, shredded; 130g (2/3 cups) brown sugar (or your favourite sweetener); 120g (1 cup) gluten-free flour; 75 g (1/2 cup) raisins; 65 g (1/3 cup) drained pineapple; 1 egg (50-60 g); 60 g (1/2 cup) nuts (I used 20g almonds, 20g pine nuts, 20g cashews); 6 g (1 teaspoon and 1/4) baking soda and baking powder; 5 g (1 teaspoon) vanilla (I used the extract); 2.5 g (1/2 teaspoon) cinnamon; 2.5 g (1/2 teaspoon) allspice; 1.25 g (1/4 teaspoon) nutmeg; 1 pinch salt.

The Bread from another point of v
Put all the ingredients on your table and let the fun begins! Preheat the oven to 180^ C (350^ F), grease a loaf pan with butter and flour (21 cmx11cm ca, or 8.5x4.5-inch), and put aside. I used my great friend Vitamix, my stunning blender, so I didn't have to cut to pieces zucchini, pineapple and nuts in advance. If you have it, my reader(s), put sugar, egg, vanilla, pineapple and zucchini, and select speed #1, then increase to speed #4 for 15 seconds. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices, to speed #5 for 20 seconds. Then add nuts and raisins by hand. Pour into the pan and bake it for an hour.
For those of you who don't own this awesome kitchen tool, beat together egg and sugar, then add the shredded pineapple and zucchini. Add flour with salt and baking powder, then add all the spices, and mix the batter. Stir in nuts and raisins. Put it into the pan and into the oven; bake for at least an hour (my oven's not perfect, so it took me longer...).
As a variation, add some chocolate chips.
If you like it, you can cover the bread with sugar coating (beat some confectioner's sugar with a spoonful of water and stir it).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento