Translate

mercoledì 18 aprile 2012

On The Lighter Side - Chocolate and Rasberry Gluten-Free Muffins

I think I'm gonna use my fantastic blender Vitamix (a migrant, as we are: of American origin, bought in Amsterdam by my brother-in-law, taken to Mantua and then back to The Netherlands) and its stunning recipes book, whose subtitles is "For Better Living". As a matter of fact, butter and other fat stuff are banned, but I've found out that life can be good and tasty even when light!
For all the ones without the blender (that can be use to blend literally any kind of food), I think a normal food processor will do the trick. I have personalized the recipe with the ingredients I had at home and for my special gluten-free flour.

Chocolate and Raspberry Gluten-Free Muffins
Make sure you have all the ingredients, then preheat oven to 350 F. Ingredients: 1-1/2 cups whole wheat gluten-free flour; 1/2 cup soy flour; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/3 cup brown sugar; 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; 1 cup soy or skimmed milk (I use ubiquitous rice milk); 2 medium eggs; 2 tablespoons olive oil; 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped; 3 ounces raspberry (if you use frozen fruits, do no thaw before using them). Combine together flour, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and put aside. Put eggs, olive oil and milk in the blender and start with speed 1 to 8 for 10 seconds. Then mix all the ingredients together at speed 8 for other 10 seconds. Divide the batter in two: put chocolate in one, and frozen raspberry in the other. Fill muffin cups (I use the silicone one) to within 1/3 inch of top and bake for 15-20 minutes.

You'll have tasty and delicious guilt- and gluten-free muffins (using only raspberry, or blueberry, the calories for one muffin are 162). I made smaller ones and got 15 muffin (the batter is for 12 normal size muffins). Nearly gone, by now...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento